NHS Midwife and Private Women’s Health Practitioner in Suffolk
Founder of Suffolk Women's Wellness (previously Mama Wellness)
Hello and welcome. I’m so happy you stopped by.
My journey to women’s health started when I began my career as a Midwife (Latin for ‘with woman’) in the mid-90s. As an NHS Midwife and Private Women’s Health Practitioner, I often see women who struggle with varying health issues possibly because of miscarriage, infertility, pregnancy, birthing, menopause, injury, or disease. I wanted to provide women with real solutions for their most pressing concerns such as improving fertility, incontinence, pelvic organ prolapses, back and pelvic pain, breathing function, mobility, core health and scarring.
I have seen the incredible resilience women have in their body and their mind, when they are faced with pregnancy, birthing, motherhood and moving between this role and managing other roles at work, running a home, looking after other family members, and maintaining relationships with friends, family and loved ones. It was after my first child when I personally discovered diastasis, incontinence and prolapse. But what I could not find was good solid helpful information. I deepened my specialist training in women’s health to help heal my own body. In doing that came the passion to help other women. I love what I do, love helping women and it gives me great satisfaction to see my clients succeed.
Through a holistic, science-based approach to wellness, I seek to help women with a preventative, natural form of ‘health care’ by focusing on the foundations of what our very health is built upon.
More than ever women are wanting to take charge over their health and understand that they need not put up or suffer with issues that they have been left with due to illness, disease, injury, accident, birthing, bereavement, or other trauma. Women don’t want to be fobbed off with pills, creams, or one-sided advice, or left with issues that can be avoided.
Women want to be educated on the most supportive strategies for their wellbeing and like to make informed choices about their health. They want to enter their fertile years understanding their body and menstrual cycle and how they can manage monthly menstruation in a holistic way and know how to prepare for a pregnancy when the time is right for them.
Women want to build upon their body mind connection and be prepared for such a significant event when birthing to have confidence to support ease and normality.
Moving into the third age, women want to excel in their menopause and look forward to a life where they are strong, healthy employing the right options for total mind and body support to thrive.
I help you to create integrative approaches to mind body health so that your passion to live a focused, preventative, and pro ageing lifestyle becomes your priority and not the last thing on your to do list. Together we can work with education, nutritional support, movement, massage therapy and mindset to bring you the absolute best care. I serve whole-body approach using a combination of mindfulness, fitness, fat loss and restorative, soft tissue health approaches that provide a foundation for deep transformation and empowerment.
For me, it is not just about fixing a leaky pelvic floor or a wobbly tummy but improving woman’s whole lifestyle. The positive effects the service has on women and their families are what inspires me. I enjoy helping women through their life phases. It gives me satisfaction to know that women are prioritising their needs, and ensuring they are healthy and have the understanding and independence to look after their bodies for their lifetime.
A journey of self discovery
I have been ill with auto-immune conditions, allergies, and intolerances, all from choices I made in my life. How I was raised as a child and the main influencers in my beliefs about myself; the relationships I formed with others, with the career path and education pathways I chose, the hours I worked, the way I treated my health and the thoughts I chose to think. All of this shaped my health and wellness.
Only when we get so low, do we realise that we have two choices, to give up and be controlled by illness and unhappiness, or find a way out. Good health comes from love and appreciation. I know that I want to put as much love into my body as I can. I talk to it and stroke it in loving ways. It sounds crazy right? But really your body is your best friend and shows up for you every day, whispering to you how it feels, so I think it’s only right that I want to give some love back.
If there’s a part of your body that’s ailing or dis-eased, then you want to treat it as you would a sick little child. Tell it how much you love it, and that you’re doing everything you can to help it get well quickly. If you’re sick, then you want to do more than just go to the doctor and have them give you a chemical to take care of the symptom. Your body is telling you that something you’re doing isn’t good for your body. When we learn more about health the easier it is to take care of our body.
As after all the body, like everything else in life, is a mirror of our inner thoughts and beliefs.
Our body is always talking to us; we just need to take the time to listen. Every cell within our body responds to every single thought we think and every word we speak. Continuous modes of thinking and speaking produce body behaviours and postures and “eases,” or dis-eases. Your life is not a series of random events, but a pathway of awakening. If you live every day in this way, you’ll never grow old. You’ll just keep growing.
You and only you can customise your own life cycle. I have been healing from my illnesses for over 8 years and realise that awakening to listen to my body has been my saviour.
“and I said to my body. softly. ‘I want to be your friend.’ it took a long breath. and replied ‘i have been waiting my whole life for this.”― Nayyirah Waheed
A little video overview:
- I feel strongly that all women have the right to health and wellness, and to live their life to the fullest potential.
- I aim to educate and empower women to be able to meet their personal goals through movement, therapy, coaching, listening, guidance, and support.
- I am passionate about the care I give, and regard women as incredible human beings in everything that they can do.
- I aspire to transform the way women feel about themselves, so that they know and appreciate the value of true self-care and worth.
- I work with meaning and purpose offering joined up solutions for lifestyle changes, and longevity.
- I believe in women helping and supporting others. As a female collaborative we are all in this together.
- I provide a holistic experience to wellness throughout life, to help women on their journey, and be the best version of themselves.
- I respect the experiences that women go through and feel privileged to support them on their journey.
- I am committed to collaborating with you to really get to the root cause and look forward to working together.
- BSc Midwifery
- Advanced CPD in Modern Postnatal Assessment, Core Restore and Functional Exercise Programming
- Level 2 Studio Cycling
- Hatton ABC Advanced Accredited Course Boxing For Fitness
- Kettlebell Instructor
- Suspension Training Instructor
- VIPR Vitality, Performance and Re-conditioning Trainer
- Supple Strength Instructor
- Level 3 Torso training and Core Stability
- Diploma in Postnatal and Exercise Prescription
- Client Lifestyle and Fitness Assessment Level 3
- Training in Different Environments Level 3
- YMCA Level 3 Personal Trainer Award
- Level 3 Advanced Gym Instructor
- Nutrition and Weight Management Level 3
- Exercise and Nutrition
- Aqua Exercise to Music Instructor Level 2
- Step Exercise to Music Level 2
- Circuit Training Instructor
- Studio Instructor Level 2
- ITEC Diploma in Massage
- Diploma in Indian Head Massage
- Accredited Qualification in Myofascial Release Therapy
- Instrument Assisted Massage (IAM) tools Advanced Course
- Optimal Nutrition and Lifestyle for Postnatal Healing and Recovery
- Pelvic Floor and Core Foundations Practitioner
- Mummy MOT® Practitioner
- Pregnancy and Postnatal Massage and remedial therapy
- Holistic Scar Massage Therapist
- ITEC Aromatherapy
- ITEC Reflexology
- London School of Reflexology Diploma in Reflexology in Pre-conceptual, Pregnancy & Postnatal Care
- Holistic Core Restore® Coach
- Pregnancy and Postnatal Manual Therapy
- Traumatic Birth Recovery Three Step Rewind Practitioner
- Level Three Sports Massage Therapy
- Barre Bone and Balance Strong® Instructor
- Kineseotaping in Pregnancy and Post Birth
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Mat work
- Advanced Fitness Pilates for Orthopaedic Conditions
- Mizan Therapist in Womb and Reproductive Health
- Accredited TRE provider
How about an initial consultation?
Unsure as to which of my services will be best for you?
Let’s have a FREE 15 minute chat and find out where to start.